Corporation Announcement on Parks
The Chennai Corporation announces the parks should remain open without any break. This will results in many green spaces getting increased number of visitors. Particularly Dr. Natesan Park has its vast lush green trees and wonderfully maintained grass. It is attracting large number of people. Many other parks also follow these actions. Many peoples who were in resident of Kannadasan Street and nearby walkers encourage opening the park without break. This is sure to help many to relax themselves for sometime atleast from the routines.
The walkers association here takes effective steps to preserve the beauty and neatness. Within a few days of the new system becoming effective, visitors increased considerably. There were many students with their books and reading here. Conductive environment will enable them to concentrate their studies without any disturbance. This is good for the society. This is the good decision taken by the corporation. The public convenience located here also has been renovated and started functioning. This was a great representation made earlier.
Some of the retired peoples often comes and chat with their friends over here. They say they had faced restricted time to chat among themselves. Now that is open throughout the day. They had got a fresh lease of life. One of the big issues over here is, few people could be found sleeping for hours together on the benches. Visitors say that the staff should be instructed to prevent people from lying down in the space meant for sitting.
Some of the Parks in Chennai
Dr. Natesan Park
Dr. Natesan Park was located near Venkatanarayana road in T. Nagar. Geographically the park was laid out over 4 acres. The park was opened on 13th Sep 1950. The park had beautiful water fountain, long walkways, green garden placed over here. The corporation well maintaining the play ground for the children. They made a tennis court for the childrens for their coaching practice. There was variety of plants laid in this park by the corporation. There were hundreds of visitors coming to the park. They spend lot of time over here peacefully. There were lots of residents surrounding the park.
Nageshwara Park was opened on October 1940. The park was located near Luz church road, Mylapore. The geographical area which the park surrounds is 4 acres. It was a small and beautiful park. Peoples like M. Nainappa Mudaliyar, V. Kumaraswamy Raja, Aravamadhy Iyengar and Ramayee Ammal were denoted some part of land to the park. The park was re-established few years back and opened infront of people. After the announcement from the Chennai Corporation, the park will be opened on all days without break. The park kept open to the visitors from 5 A.M in morning and till 8 P.M in the evening. The park gets spark over all the visitors for its attractive lightening, fountains, garden benches and walkways. For childrens there were separate play areas with controlled staffs viewing every activity. The park was well maintained by plants, trees, grasses and more. Visitors are welcoming the announcements from the corporation.
Sivan Park was located near P.T. Rajen Salai in K.K. Nagar. The park was originally developed by the TamilNadu Housing Board (TNHB). It was developed in K.K. Nagar where the layout of housing board developed in that period. The municipal corporation had taken over in-charge of this park after certain period. There was a 15 feet high Sivan statue laid in the park for visitors view. That statue indicates the sign of meditation for the visitors. The municipal corporation was the only corporation which maintains the park by creating the statue for the visitor's good life. The corporation made many monuments for the visitors view. That attracts the eyes of all the visitors. Some of the best look over feature of the park is good pathways, beautiful trees, fountain like waterfalls; childrens play ground and more attractive things. After the announcement of corporation, many visitors started to celebrate the news. Many of them coming with the family and visiting the park with joy.
Napier Park is also known as May Day Park. It was located near Kabalamoorthy road in Chintaderipet. Geographically the park was laid out over 14.5 acres. The park was opened on 13th Sep 1950. There was a reason for the name of May Day Park. It is because on May Day, there were lot of meetings by political parties and other members. The celebration fully goes on this park. So the park was also known by its name. There were two portions for this park. One is on eastern side and another is on western side. As like all other parks, this park was created play ground for the childrens. People were welcoming the announcement of the corporation. Without break there was lot of visitors spending their time usefully.