Chinna Kuyil Chitra Biography– Indian Playback singer
There are many great playback singers all over India who has a grea position in the Indian Film Industry. In this Category, K.S.Chitra, a credited Indian playback singer has been entitled as the ‘Chinna Kuyil’ for her voice has made many hearts sway. This particular name was given to Chitra for her beautiful and attractive voice. The little nightingale (china kuyil) has recorded for more than 15000 songs in various languages like Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Telugu, Hindi, Oriya, Assamese, Bengali, Badaga, Punjabi films. Chitra is a recipient if seven national awards, five film fare awards and more than thirty different states film awards. Even though Chitra was a south Indian singer, her voice made her very popular all over India and this is the reason she got fame all over India.
Personal Life of Playback Singer Chitra
This great singer was brought up as a good singer from the child hood days also. In her young age also her talents were given recognition and her voice was a good entertainment for her parents and everyone. In the young age the Voice of Chitra gave her many awards and recognitions and this made her build a good carrier in the Film industry in India.
K.S. Chitra was born in the state of Kerala into a family of musicians at Thiruvananthapuram on the 27th of July in the year 1963. Chithra’s talent was recognized even when she was a child and was nurtured from an early age by her father, the late Mr. Krishnan Nair – her first Guru. Later she was given extensive training in carnatic music from Dr.Omanakutty, and did her post graduation in music in the University of Kerala. She was selected for the national talent search scholarship from the Government of Kerala during the year 1978 – 1984. She is married to Vijayashankar, an engineer and a Businessman. The couple was sanctified with a girl in the year 2002, by name Nandana. It was indeed interesting to know the personal life of Playback singer Chinna Kuyil Chitra.
Professional Career and Livelihood of Chitra Play back singer
Without proper introduction there cannot be great person in the Film Industry. In this aspect Chitra was familiarized as a singer to the cine industry in Malayalam by the music director M.G.Radhakrishnan in 1979 and continued her career as a singer for many Malayalam musicians including Ravindran. Attahasam, Snehapurvam Meera and Njaan Ekananu were the first few films which she recorded her songs. She had also performed many live concerts with K.J.Yesudas in India and abroad that made her career a remarkable one. Veteran music directors like Ravindran, Shyam, Jerry, Amaldev, Kannoor Rajan, Illayaraja and A.R.Rahman also helped her move up in her career ladder.
Chithra’s first debut in the Tamil industry was when she sung her first song’ Poojaiketra poovithu’ for the movie Neethana antha Kuyil composed by Illayaraja. The proverbial name Chinna Kuyil title was awarded to Chitra after she sang for the song ‘pookaikethra poovidu’ from the movie Poove Poochoodava given by the director Fazil. The most sought female singer in the mid eighties has sung many award winning songs. Contemporarily, she is found judging among a panel of judges at Kerala (Idea star singer) and at Tamil Nadu (Airtel super singer). There are also many devotional songs recorded in the voice of Playback singer Chinna Kuyil Chitra.
Awards and Recognition of Playback Singer Chitra
Chitra has won six national awards for the best female play back singer after K.J.Yesudas who has won 7 national awards. She is empowered as the female singer who has been awarded with the highest number of national awards in the country. She has won the Kerala state award for 15 times and 5 times for film fare awards. Following is the detailed list of the awards that were won by Playback singer Chitra in her carrier.
• In 2005 Chitra Received Padma Shri Award which is India’s fourth Highest Civilian award.
• There are nearly 7 National Film awards received by Playback singer Chitra for her wonderful songs.
• Chitra received nearly 5 Filmfare Best Female Playback singers Award for her wonderful songs in various languages.
• Chitra also received best female playback singer awards 15 times from Kerala State Government and 4 awards from Tamilnadu State Government, 3 awards from Karnataka State government and 8 awards from Andhra Pradesh State Government.
• Chinna Kuyil Chitra also received awards from the media also several times for her wonderful voice and songs.
• Chitra received 6 Asianet Film Awards for the Best Female Playback singer.
• In the year 2010 Chitra received Jai Hind Film Award for Best Female Playback singer.
• Radio Mirchi Awards South was given to her in 2010 as the Radio Mirchi Listeners Choice Award.
• South Scope Film awards give award to Chitra in 2010 as a best female Playback singer award.
• Swaralaya Eenam award was given to Chitra in 2010 for the Decade’s best talet in Malayalam Music.
She has been honored with the Kalaimamani title from the Government of Tamil Nadu and Padma Shri award from the Government of India. She has also sung for many albums in Hindi.