Harris Jayaraj – The melody king music composer
Harris Jayaraj, the film composer who has been in his heels for scoring music for many Indian movies with his excellent melody numbers. He resides at Chennai and has been composing music for many Tamil, Telugu and Hindi movies. Harris Jayaraj is also very popular for making excellent music for various Tamil films. His wonderful compositions are still staying hard in the people mind. He has also given various songs in various Tamil films and also received various awards for best music director and best music composer. His song gives good energy to the people.
Early life and background of Harris Jayaraj Music director
Harris Jayaraj was born on the 8th of January in the year 1975. He was born to a pious Christian Nadar family in Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu. He persuaded his school education at the Krishnaswamy matric school, Chennai. Harris’s father, S.M.Jayakumar was a film Guitarist who later became a noted musician and a film composer. His father was an assistant to a Malayalam music director Shyam and he hoped to make his child Harris a great singer. But his son’s differed from his as Harris once confessed that he could not sing well for he had interest in the field of music composing. Harris was an early admirer and a dedicated fan of the work of Hans Zimmer. As he was born into a family of musicians, it did not feel him hard to enter into the industry.
Harris is married to Joyce (Suma earlier). The couple has a son called Samuel Nicholas and a daughter called Karen Nikita. Harris has established a studio named Trinity studios in his own residence.
Career and early livelihood of music director Harris Jayaraj
Harris Jeyaraj entered into the world of film music and Cinema industry as a musician composing music for many Indian songs. Harris also turned out to be a programming scores and drummer percussion for films under the Indian music director; out of his qualifications, proved to be noteworthy working under Rahman. Harris has been the first music director to receive the prestigious title of ranking the Top mark scorer in Asia from the Trinity College of Music. It has been no wonder that students that pass out from the Trinity College has always been high in the industry starting from Anuradha, Sri Ram Parthasarathy till Harris Jayaraj. Apart from composing music, before he began his career as a Music Director, he worked as a keyboardist for many popular music directors in the same field like Yuvan Shankar Raja, Rahman, Mani Sharma, Vidya Sagar, Karthik Raja, Sirrpi. An additional experience for Harris’s career is where he worked for many advertisements composing music. Even his advertisement music came out to be a big success for his beats were out of the range.
In the industry of filmy music, his project was with the film director Gautham Menon for the movie “Minnale” starring Madhavan and Reema Sen in the lead roles. This one film of him made his name speak around the industry for his very first venture turned out to be an excellent hit. The most famous song of the year turned out to be his first movie song “Vassegare” – which was rated as the best romantic song of the year. The music he scored went on well and the songs in the movie were in the charts for weeks. He later movies were, 12B and Majunu which met with high acclaim. His Minnale score was later used in the Hindi version, entitled “Rehnaa hai tere dil me”. Harris Jayaraj – Gautham Menon; this combination was widely acclaimed and made this duo very successful in the Tamil cinema industry. They have worked together in a series of hit movies together like “Khakka Khakka” in the year 2003 after “Minnale” in the year 2001, “Vettaiyadu Velayadu” in the year 2006, “Patchaikilli Muttucharam” in the year 2007 and “Varanam Aayiram” in the year 2008.
Filmography of Music director Harris Jayaraj
Some of the other movies that Harris worked for were “Lesa Lesa”, “Vetri”, “Samurai”, “Sami”, “Kovil”, “Gharshana”, the Telugu version of Khakka Khakka, “Chellame” starring Vishal and Reema Sen, “Arasatchi” having Arjun and Lara Dutta in the lead roles. His filmography includes Arul Vethiran, Thotti Jaya, Ullam Ketkume, Ghajini, Anniyan, Kumaran, Unnale Unnale, Vetri Thirumugan, Bheema, Sathyam, Dhaam Dhoom, Ayan, Adhavan, Engeyum Khadal, Ko, 7am Arivu starring Surya and Shruti Haasan.
In the year 2011, he has signed foe composing music for upcoming movies like Nanban, Oru Kal Oru Kannadi, Maatram etc.
Awards and accolades of Harris Jayaraj Music Director
• Film fare best music director award in Tamil for the movie “Minnale” in the year 2001, Khakka Khaaka in 2003, Anniyan on 2005, Vaaranam Aayiram in the year 2008 and Ayan in 2009.
• Tamil Nadu state film awad for the best music director for Khakka Khakka (2003) and Anniyan and Ghajini on the same year 2005.
• Harris was awarded the Meera Tamil music awards by Isai aruvi channel in the year 2008 in the category of the best music album – Unnale Unnale.
• Best romantic song of the year was awarded to “Anbe en Anbe” for the movie Dhaam Dhoom.
• Best music album of the year award for Vaaranam ayiram in 2009.
• In the year 2009, he was awarded the best music director award by the International Tamil film award in the year 2009.
• Harris has received 2 vijay awads in the same year 2009 for best music composition in the movie Vaaranam Aayiran and Ayan. The favourite song of the year scored was “Anjala” for the movie Vaaranam Aayiram starring Surya, Simran, Sameera and Divya in the lead roles.
• In the consecutive year, Harris was awarded the best music director award by the Vijay awards for the movie Adhavan.
• The prestigious Kalaimamani award was presented to him by the Government of Tamil Nadu.