Chennai Travel Guide
Tourist Places in Chennai
Golden Temple in Vellore
Tourist Places in Chennai
: 60 (
The Vellore Golden temple is situated in a 100 acre blossoming green scenery in the mid of a star fashioned passageway, and so because of this greeny ambiance it seems that it has maximum natural energy and in turn this creates huge peace of mind and relaxation to the devotees who are visiting Golden temple when the devotees walk through the star pathed way.
About Vellore Golden Temple
Mahalakshmi Golden temple
is located on 55,000 sq ft of land on a 100-acre wholesome stretch at
village near to
which is 7 kms away from North
. This is made on more than a tonne (600 crore) of pure gold with shimmer and sparkling under the sun.This is the dedication done by Sri Narayani Pedam leaded by a 30Yrs old God Man called Amma.
Devotees call this temple as one of the
wonders of the world
which is made by only gold. This is meant for Lakshmi Narayani whose "Vimanam and Ardha".
was built in a very short period of 7 years and was launched on 24th August, 2007. From that day to till now thousands of devotees are
visiting Sripuram Golden temple
in day today life. Because of the presence of
, the village Thirumalaikodi has become the one of the
most attractive tourist spot
History of Golden temple in Vellore
Sripuram Golden temple
is situated in a 100 acre blossoming green scenery in the mid of a star fashioned passageway,
and so because of this greeny ambiance it seems that it has maximum natural energy and in turn this creates huge peace of mind and relaxation to the devotees who are
visiting Golden temple
when the devotees walk through the star pathed way. There are lot of wordings related to reality and morality around the star path and devotees may read those wordings while walk through, the meaning of those wordings will change the human beings into a potent one.
The star-fashioned path with 12 auspicious vertexes (top highest point) creates a heavenly power alike to consecrated
. Messages of reality and morality are exhibited on the both sides of the star-fashioned path to read by devotees to know about the
birth of human beings
and their affordable things on the earth. The
landscape of Golden temple
is entirely natural, inherent, created and managed by organic fertilizer. A pond in Golden temple called 'Sarvatheertham' has been created in which it has the water form major rivers from all over the country.
The complete temple was planned and designed by Amma as visualized all the way through the delightful vision. All parts of the temple were covered only by gold. The golden temple has 9 to 15 physically primed layers of gold outwit. The temple has decorated with golden man made sculptures, ornamented pillars and crown.
Dress Code and Timings for Golden temple
Dresses such as Shorts, Nighties, Lungies, Midi and Bermudas are strictly restricted.
Tobacco, Chewing gums, Cameras, Mobiles Phones & other Electronic items, Liquor and Inflammable items are strictly prohibited and handover those in the entry.
Timings to visit Golden temple
is from 08.00 am to 08.00 pm in all days. Saturday is the very special day in Golden temple.
Dharshans or Sevas in Golden temple
1. 'Prarthana Deepa Seva' – Devotees put together their wishes to Goddess Mahalakshmi by lighting the Deepa. It is believed that their wishes become true. The fee for this seva is Rs.10/deepam in all days.
2. 'Rice donation Seva' – Rice will be donated to Golden temple by devotees for annathanam. The fee for this seva is Rs.30/person in all days.
3. 'Maha aarthi Seva' – One person is allowed to sit in front of Sri Lakshmi Amma for Maha aarthi seva. The fee is Rs.504/person in all days at 06.00PM.
4. 'Veda Parayanam' – One person is permitted to sit in front of Goddess Mahalakshmi to have an aarthi dharshan during Veda Parayanam. The fee is Rs.250/head from 08.00am to 08.00pm only on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
5. 'Divya Dharshan' – One devotee is blessed to have a dharshan in front of Goddess with a fee of Rs.100/head only on Saturday and Sunday from 08.00am to 08.00pm.
6. 'KumKum Seva' – Devotees are blessed with KumKum Archana seva and dharshan of Goddess Mahalakshmi with Rs.504/head in all days for 08.00am to 08.00pm.
7. 'Vastram Seva' – One person is sacred to have 9 yard silk cloth and have a dharshan of Sri narayani with fee amount of Rs.10,008/head in all days from 08.00am to 08.00pm.
8. 'Abishek Pooja' – 4 persons are blessed and allowed to have a seat in front of Sri narayani Amma and have a dharshan of Abhishekam, Alankaram and Aarthi from 04.30am to 08.00am in all days with a donation fee of Rs.3006/head in all days except Friday. For Friday the amount is 6004/head.
9. 'Sri Suktha Homam' - In this seva, 4 devotes are allowed to sit along with celebrant in front of Goddess at Saheshara deepam Mandapam. The fee is 3006/head from 09.00am to 11.00am and 06.00pm to 08.00pm in all days.
10. 'Pushpa Alankaram' – Two devotees are blessed to have a seat in front of Mahalakshmi for dharshan from 08.00am onwards in all days with Rs.2007/head.
11. 'Swarna Pushpa Archana' – One person is allowed to have a seat in front of Goddess for dharshan and after dharshan a gold flower offered to that person from the feet of Mahalakshmi from 08.00am to 08.00pm in all days with the amount Rs.1008/head.
12. 'Gho Dhanam' - Devotees are blessed to offer a cow to Ghoshala and they can participate in the Gho Pooja at Ghoshala from 04.30am to 08.00am in all days of Rs.15000/4 head.
Landing Landmark to Vellore Golden Temple
Bangalore and Chennai is the
nearest airport to reach Vellore
which are nearly 100kms far away.
Katpadi is the nearest railway station in which train will halt for 2-3 minutes.
Buses are available from Chennai (3 hrs Journey) and Bangalore (4 hrs Journey)
Buses, autos are the major mode of local transportation.
Famous Hindu Temples in Chennai
Sri Varasiddhi Vallabha Vinayaka Temple
Ashtalakshmi Kovil, Besant Nagar, Chennai
Sarabeswarar in Valleswarar Temple, Mylapore
Sri Kanaka Durga Temple, Mogappair
Thiru Nindravur Sri Bhakthavatsala Perumal
Thenneri Agaram Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple
Kariya Manickaperumal Temple - Cheyyur
Sri Raghavendraswamy Mutt, Triplicane
Shirdi Saibaba Temple, Injambakkam
Read related articles:
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Golden Temple in Vellore"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe through E-Mails
Chennai Forum Discussions by mail
Articles on Chennai by mail
Last 7 Days
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
All Rights Reserved.