Home remedies for kidney stones
: 5 (
What are Kidney stones?
The least anyone would want to have would be the kidney stones. Being a painful type of disease, the stones are solid accumulation of salts like Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium and some other salts present in the urine and metabolic waste, which get stuck which are otherwise normally filtered through the kidney and are passed out of the body via urine.
Causes of Kidney Stones
If the water intake is less in the body, or sometimes due to excessive water loss, which ultimately results into dehydration, the salts do not get dissolved or the amount of urine required to dissolve them is less, these salts lodge and become crystallized. Slowly, if the condition of dehydration continues, the deposition grows in size, then large enough to obstruct the ureters which are empty long tubes carrying the urine to the urinary bladder thus causing sharp and severe pain in the urinary tract.
Accumulation of urine can be a painful experience and persistent conditions lead to kidney failure or hydronephrosis.
Treatment at home for Kidney Stones
1. First of all, drink lots of water. Drink to at least 2 to 3 liters of water daily.
2. Everyday in the morning, take two figs in a cup of water and boil them. Then drink the decoction before eating or drinking anything. Continue this schedule for one month.
3. Mix 1 tablespoon of the juice of Holy basil leaves with 1 tablespoon of honey. Continue this every morning before eating or drinking anything for 5-6 months.
Along with it, eat 2-3 Apples a day.
4. Eat Watermelon as a whole fruit along with the seeds or at least have its juice daily for 2 months
5. You can try drinking 1 cup of juice of the leaves of the radish plant starting with minimum taken 2 times a day.
6. Drink 1 glass of fresh Tomato juice with a pinch of salt and pepper to this every morning before eating or drinking anything.
Is beer drinking or alcohol consumption good for Kidney stones?
Beer contains 4% to 8% alcohol in it depending upon the brand you consume. Beer is consumed in large quantity and the alcohol acts as muscle relaxant and thus we think that because of large amount of urine, the stone would pass on and come out.
This may happen if the stone is small in size that is less than 4 mm in breadth.
But alcohol can cause habit and addiction and hence it is not advisable.
Dr. Apurva Tamhane
Read related articles:
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Home remedies for kidney stones"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe through E-Mails
Chennai Forum Discussions by mail
Articles on Chennai by mail
Last 7 Days
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
All Rights Reserved.
Click the "Follow" button above to follow Tony John