Aringar anna zoolagical park in chennai, vandalurINTRODUCTION
Aringar anna zoological park it is also known as vandalur.The park is located in vandalur,it is near to Chennai it was founded in the year of 1855. Total hectors which was covered by the zoo is approximately 600 hectares.it is the biggest zoological park in india. The park contains 170 species of animals, 45 species of mammals, 62 specials of birds, 40 species of birds, 30 specias of reptiles in the park carries.
Natural environment and walls of the park is very good. Various kinds of birds are seen in the zoo. With animals and birds of the zoo is outstanding and attracting.
The ZOO was founded in 1855, Dr Edward balfour was started the zoo. By 1975, the zoo could no longer expand, and it had to be moved out of the city because of space constraints and increased noise pollution due to the city's high-density traffic. In 1979, the Tamil Nadu Forest Department set aside 1,265 acres (512 ha) in the Vandalur Reserve Forest on the outskirts of the city to build the current zoo, which is the largest zoological garden in India.
The zoo is named after Tamil politician Arignar Anna. The zoo attracts nearly 800,000 visitors annually. There has been an increase of more than 200,000 visitors in 2010 compared to 2009.
These species of animals inhabiting the Anna Zoological Park like lion, panther, barking deer, jaguar, wolf, jackal, elephants, giraffes, hyena and baboon. The train inside the zoo is the convenient way of reaching the Anna Zoological Park. The station is near from Vandalur has the distance of one kilometer from the park.
Lion safari, electronic vehicles ride and elephant rides are the great tourist attractions in Chennai.
There is also a large library inside the zoo with the huge collection of books related to wildlife. The library also gave the Chennai tourist attractions.
The park is around 6 kilometres from Tambaram. Entrance to the zoo is from the Chennai-Tiruchi Highway Road. The Chennai suburban railway network has a stop named "Vandalur" about 1 kilometre from the main entrance of the park.