You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Chennai Events

Chennai Metro Rail project is good for the people? Discuss.

This thread is used to discuss about the thread 'Chennai Metro Rail project is good for the people?'.

Chennai Metro Rail project is on undergoing over chennai's important places. This is a wide and vast range of project estimation.

Here the thread is to discuss about the Chennai Metro Rail project is good or not. And discuss, Whether the project is going on in smoother way.
    Hi,
    Such a nice and amazing topic. Well, I think the traffic jam is the big issue for every city. And for a metro city like Chennai, it is very important to have a controlled traffic. Because we know how do we feel when we stuck in any traffic jam. I hope Chennai Metro Rail will solve this problem.

Regards,
    G1

Hi Jeevan,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I too agree with your thoughts. Traffic is a big issue in our society. But if the Metro rail project completes then there is no problem at all. That will be a nice solution for it. Comparing to other cities we have nice traffic police and certain number of them too.

Regards,
    Bharath

Gold member - ChennaiSpider
    Gold member - MyWindowsClub

Hi,

I would like to drop my views regarding the Metro rail project in Chennai. Obviously the Metro Rail project in Chennai is definitely going to reduce the traffic in Chennai. But the completion date is too far and the people are highly expecting the Metro rail projects to come into action. Also one thing is confusing. The new government has planned for the Mono rail system in Chennai. If the mono rail system in Chennai is executed, will this metro rail project get affected. People are fully confused on how this mono rail project of our CM is going to be.

Thanks and Regards
    S Balasubramanian
    Webmaster, Chennaispider

Quote: "Don't do to others what you think they don't want to do to you"

Hi Bala,

Thank you for your kind response. This is more and more helpful. I too agree what you have said. Lets see what this government going to do about the metro rail project.

Regards,
    Bharath

As per news report, the Government's mono rail project will be in addition to the metro rail which has been proposed and under construction by Chennai Metro Rail Limited for two corridors, Washermenpet to Airport and from Chennai Central to St.Thomas Mount. The present work undertaken is under Phase I of the project which is programmed for completion in 2014-15. However, further extension of the metro rail project will depend on the Government of the day since the present Government has planned to go for mono rail project only.

Hi Mahal,

Thank you for your response. Thanks for saying about the completion date. Can you say how long this metro rail project extends in city.

Regards,
    Bharath

hii Bharat.

Yes, The Metro rail project is going well and it is stated to be completed by 2013. Also since it is done by L&T we can be sure of the project completion on time. Also its going to done as a circle were we don't have two tracks or track change something that kind of problem. It will just like a round made around the Chennai city, which even reduces the time which takes on the crossings of other trains. So this project will be surely useful for Chennai.

Thanking you,

SHATHYAN
    (The cool dude of Chennai Spider)

Hi Shathyan,

Thanks for your response for this thread. As you said metro rail project gives good features for chennai city. In this no doubt is there. But because of this project there were more problems in roots, traffics, and many things. When the project started there were huge no of traffics in everywhere. After the project gets over it will be benefit. But till that, peoples were suffering. Wheat this government going to take charge of it.

Regards,
    Bharath

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.