You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

International Womens day

International Womens day is celebrated on 8th March every year. I would like to share this sms on this day. I am really proud to be a woman with lots of role as daughter, sister, friend, wife, mother and so on.

Woman one of the most beautiful creation of God, showering her respect as daugher, feel her care in the form of a sister, feel her warmth in the form of a friend. Y did God create a man first before creating a woman??? of course,it is always good to make a ruff draft 1st before making a Masterpiece.
    The women in general wear hats of different shapes and sizes to fulfill their roles of a daughter, then a sister, a wife, mother, mother-in-law and finally a grand mother.Each role is different with a definite set of rules.

A woman can concentrate on many things at a time but a man cannot do so, for him one task at a time only. The working women take care of the household work ,picking up or dropping her children, tackling guests, procuring things for running the household, over and above her demanding job.

Home makers apart from the job of any working woman do, take care of the house by adjusting to the whims and fancies of the servant maids, and taking pleasure in the household job: they do not have the time deadline but have to take care of the jobs done in time, and frame a schedule to do the outing job of going to a bank, post office, parlor and attending PTA meetings in school.

These women effectively respond to the demands, fulfill responsibilities to their families and communities are well aware of the stresses and strains one undergoes in this rat raced- cut throat competitive world. Their exposure to the healthy life style in turn gives them hands on experience , which enhances not only their mental health, but promotes optimal physical health also.

Their experience and response can be seen in how they execute their multiple roles effectively. Added to their responsibilities, they do not forget to shelve some time for to be called 'their own', by taking regular walks, attending kitty parties, satsang, bhajans, parlours, visiting friends etc.

To my knowledge except for getting coconuts from the coconut trees and climbing poles to do electricity work, women have carved aplcae for them selves everywhere.

Women in general need to be told,

"'If you don't take care of yourself, you can't take care of others' as she is the wall in which the family picture is written and drawn.

The first International Women's Day (IWD) was declared in Copenhagen in 1911, and was honored in Austria, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland on March 19 of that year.

Now, 100 years later, this international day of observance for women's accomplishments is celebrated world-wide today, March 8th.

Women are the care givers of a family, who knows what is needed for the family but tends to ignore her health , ignoring many healthy choices lying in front of her.

She cares for others a lot that she ignores her needs and wants.
    She has plenty of information but still leaves priority to her family.
    Men like to build things while women like to build relationships.
    They run around filling others' lamps with oil, but forget to fill their own lamps first.

The fore most deficiency is anemia. Anemia is rampant among a 95 per cent of adolescent girls (10-19 years) is not good for the developing economy.The direct effects of poverty resulted in low income, limited education and insufficient diet .

The high prevalence of anemia among women in India is a burden for them, for their families.The finding of the highest risk of anemia among very poor urban women focuses attention that rural women are disadvantaged. Tailored programs need to target women in all socioeconomic groups ,particularly in need are the urban poor..

Hope the health care identifies the risk factors that would be helpful for program purposes to prevent anemia among Indian women.

Iron deficiency, would weaken adolescent girls, they were advised to avoid junk food, they were also told to consume a diet rich in iron.
    Anemia can be prevented by having a sensible diet. Iron rich foods include: meat, fish, poultry, dark green leafy vegetables, beans, whole grains and cereals.

The women group has come out with supplements of iron in dietary composition, particularly those that improve the overall health and nutrition status of adolescent girls before they enter their reproductive years. Hope many more group project will take off soon to pump in iron in them.

Mostly we see women celebrate this day as a blend of mother's day and Valentine's Day. It depends on their spouse or children to wish them and make it seem like a special day for them.

Here are some ideas to make this day special for you:

1. Meet up with your girlfriends who you have not been able to meet in a long time and have a lavish champagne lunch together- all of you! There is nothing better to celebrate this day with other women you admire in your life.

2. Call the closest spa to your work and book an appointment for lunch time and get an aromatherapy head massage followed by some real good hair cut and styling. There is so much stress you carry in that small head of yours, take it easy for a day!

3. Let's bring out that debit card you always resist from using and go shopping with it. For once, allow yourself to shop without having to think twice. Flatter yourself, you can afford it. You've earned it.

4. Get your man to book you a table at your favourite restaurant tonight for a wine dinner and have him pay for it. Make him buy you roses and make a wish, be it another rock for your collection or a holiday to a fancy destination you read about in some travelogue recently. Have him fulfil it- GET SPOILED!

5. Call up on a friend you think is going through a bit of phase in her life. Send her chocolates; make it special and memorable for another woman. No amount of man love ever makes for what a woman can feel and do for another woman.

6. Get a lingerie makeover! What you wearing inside is what really makes the difference to how you feel on the outside. Change your colour, texture, style! Plain Janes get lacy, the lacy ones can try turning raunchy. Bring about a change in how you feel about yourself and how you dress your assets.

7. We all have got things we hold onto ourselves. We hide it from others and keep it locked inside us which often bites. If there is something you've been hiding for a long time, let it out. Job loss, break up, spat with your best friend, caught your guy cheating, lost a dear one, whatever is on your mind, express it. Talk about it, blog about it, try and sort out issues.

8. Go to the local karaoke bar and sing your heart out however bad a singer you may think you are! Sing and sing it loud! Let every emotion you got float and let it float free.

9. Take the woman you want to thank, out on a date, don't forget all the times your moms been with you and helped you get through bad times. She deserves to be pampered by you for all that she has done to you all these years!

10. Last but not the least, make a commitment to yourself. A commitment to your health, bank account, love life or your respect. Your life is too beautiful for your health to suffer and harm it, you are your own security, so don't ruin that dough in the bank over useless indulgences. You deserve the man you dream of, don't compromise on that fact.
    If you already have found your Mr Right, make it last. Commitment should never be your phobia.
    Always remind yourself that you have everything what it takes to be treated like a princess, and you have the right to live like one.

Hi,

Here are some of quotes for International Womens Day.

1. Womens are the building blocks of the nation.

2. Mother is the living God visible in each one's life.

3. Girls should proud to be born as girl.

4. Mother is the only resposibility to known each one's life about their motherland.

5. Care, Love, Affection are the other names of Mother.

Regards,
    Bharath

Regards,
    Bharath

Gold member - ChennaiSpider
    Gold member - MyWindowsClub

Hi,

1. A Women's role in a Man's life- i was born

2. A Woman was there to hold me- My mother

3. I grew as a child, A woman was there to care for me and to play with me- My sister

4. I went to school, A womean was there to help me learn- My Teacher

5. I went to college, A woman was there to guide me- My friend

6. I became depressed, whenever i felt lost, A woman was there to offer a shoulder- My wife

7. I became old, A woman was there to melt me- My daughter

8. I am dying, A woman is there to absorb me in- My motherland

These are all for girls and mothers for this International Mothers Day.

Regards,
    Bharath

Regards,
    Bharath

Hi Bharath,

Thanks for sharing those lovely quotes on International womens day. I really love to read those quotes which gives the description of each and every role played by the women.

International Women's day was mainly to highlight the plight of of women in the world but in our context,it has in no way succeeded in improving their condition, look at what happened yesterday in Delhi, in broad day light,on a busy street a college girl was murdered to death.

In spite of the government's best efforts, the crime against women has increased manifolds, at home domestic violence, on roads its eve teasing, cold blooded murder, rape etc makes a woman always live in fear as well move cautiously fearing for her honour and safety.
    A girl's disabilities start from the time she sees the light of this world. Right up to to her death, she is not only discriminated, but also undergoes a lot of silent suffering in this male dominated society. This leaves the women to curb her own all round development of her personality. The children of these fearful women also tend to inherit these timid qualities which hampers their dynamic growth. Net result the whole society suffers, That's why Napoleon said, ''Give me good mothers, I shall give you a good nation''.

'Yes, I am a lady, I push doors that clearly says, PULL,, I laugh even harder when I try to explain why I am laughing. I walk into a room and forget why I was there.
    I pick up the phone and forget who to call. I count on my fingers in maths classes,I lie sometimes too hide the pain. I shed tears in every movie but dare not show it, I cry a lot more when I see you hurt.I am not really so strong as my smile seems to be. I get attached to people who care even a little about me. A broken nail is as painful as a broken heart.I say it's along story when it's really not. I fall in love too fast. I always care more than I can . YES, I AM A WOMAN and I am proud of it

Hi Vasumathi,

Thanks for you suggestion. I am proud to be publishing my thoughts in this International womens day.

Regards,
    Bharath

Regards,
    Bharath

Hi Bharath,

It is really nice article i just like the thought you have posted. I appreciate your way of thinking about women and the respect you do.

Regards,
    Surabhi

The women in life wear hats of different shapes and sizes to fulfill their roles of a daughter, then a sister, a wife, mother, mother-in-law and finally a grand mother. Each role is different with a definite set of rules.
    A woman can concentrate on many things at a time while a man cannot do so, for him one task at a time only. The working women take care of the household work, picking up / dropping her children to school, tuition classes, hobby classes, taking care of supervising their studies, welcoming expected and un expected guests, procuring things for running the household, over and above her demanding job.

Home makers , apart from the job of any working woman do, take care of the house by adjusting to the whims and fancies of the servant maids, and taking pleasure in the household job: they do not have the time deadline but have to take care of the jobs done in time, and frame a schedule to do the outing job of going to a bank, post office, parlor and attending PTA meetings in school.

These women effectively respond to the demands, fulfill responsibilities to their families and communities are well aware of the stresses and strains one undergoes in this rat raced- cut throat competitive world.

They are the walls in which one can draw, unless and until they are fit, a family cannot take pride in being called a happy, healthy family. They are particular in maintaining good health that one finds a lot of women, irrespective of their age, including young girls take a regular walk in the mornings as well in the evenings. Their exposure to the healthy life style in turn gives them hands on experience , which enhances not only their mental health, but promotes optimal physical health also.

Their experience and response can be seen in how they execute their multiple roles effectively. Added to their responsibilities, they do not forget to shelve some time for to be called 'their own', by taking regular walks, attending kitty parties, satsang, bhajans, parlours, visiting friends etc.

They also take an active part in any functions arranged in their blocks, whether taking part in the cultural events, or coordinating them. They send positive vibrations to other women around due to their dexterity of managing things and send signals that they are no less than men.

Some of the women run some shops in the complex, e.g. Beauty parlours, tailoring shop, provision store, stationery shop etc. Last but not the least the servant women's deft handling of multiple house jobs is worth mentioning.

It is not women's day I heard.It is working women's day.In their working places they are tortured more by lower wages,disrespect,sexual harassment,hard words etc.To remove all these evils they should organise themselves ,of course ,with the help of genuine gents,fight with all the misdeeds of men with courage .to take a vow on this this March 8 international working women's day should be adhered.Not ot plunge again in mother,daughter,sister sentiments and bore the domination of male chauvinistic society.

Hi Surabi,

Thank you very much for your response. Its good feel to say about women.

Regards,
    Bharath

Regards,
    Bharath

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.