You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Why auto drivers doesn't carry the price chart??

Why auto drivers doesn't carry the price chart??
    Hi Suktara,

Yes this is really a thought provoking question. I think they must do so in order to minimize the chances of confusions and misunderstandings. Also sometimes some auto drivers (not all) tend to cheat the passengers, especially the foreigners, by trying to milk more cash from them. If they carry an attested fair chart people can ask for it and save themselves from being cheated. Anyway, nice question to post! Lets see how others reflect on this.

Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar.

Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar
    Site Co-ordinator, SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

Surprising CTR, CPC and eCPM in Punjabspider!

Hi,

In Chennai, the Auto drivers are not only driven by petrol in their Vehicle but also by patrol of the police too. It is very sad to tell that the auto drivers are facing a tough situation in Chennai. Police in Chennai grab certain amount from the auto drivers and also from the Share auto drivers every month or at any time. So the rates of the auto drivers are fluctuating according to the other demands also. This is the reason why the auto drivers are not at all carrying a fair chart with them. This happens in most of the parts of the city and not everywhere. It differs from area to area. There are also some places where the auto drivers are not good.

And also one more thing is that there will be a meter fixed inside every auto which is not at all used by any of the drivers in Chennai city. They fix a particular rate for themselves in their Auto stand and all the auto drivers follow the same thing. When there is a raise in the rates, then everyone do it together. This particular situation is very common for many years in Chennai. I dont think there will be any solution brought for this particular situation in Chennai. There are many public people and tourist affected because of this higher demand of money by the auto drivers.

Thanks and Regards
    S Balasubramanian
    Webmaster, Chennaispider

Quote: "Don't do to others what you think they don't want to do to you"

Hello Bala,

You shared your views very nicely and discussed important things. But especially I liked your witty comment - "the Auto drivers are not only driven by petrol in their Vehicle but also by patrol of the police too"! Brilliant!

Regards,
    Kumar.

Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar
    Site Co-ordinator, SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

Surprising CTR, CPC and eCPM in Punjabspider!

hai
    Auto drivers are really troubling because of the police.Police are really torchering the auto drivers.Police are blackmailing the drivers like come to station or give some money .so only auto drivers are increasing the cost .During rainy season drivers are asking too much money.There minimum cost is 200 onwards.what to do these are all because of police.so,In that situation there is no need of price charts.If they having the price chart means it will show the correct cost so,it will not satisfied for them.because of this public people are affecting very much.so,they prefer to go by bus.Now a days auto driver`s business is going loss because of share auto.This is also one of the reason to increasing the cost.because of these reasons auto drivers are not having the price charts.

Whatever it may be, public people affected by their charges, and they are asking non-sense rates.

Government should take necessary action with them or fix some price chart and auto drivers should follow that chart. This is the only solution.

Hi All,

I must say a good piece of thread to participate. I do agree that, harassment of police is a reason for this inconvenience but at the same time I will say this can't be the only reason!

How come any officer can collect the x,y,z amount from the auto drivers for no fault of theirs! There must be some more stories to this statement. During my tenure in Chennai, I do face this problem but being an outsider, my area of traveling was very limited. So, quickly I took the alternate mode of transport! In Mumbai, none of the auto drivers can dare to ask for a different price than what's there in their price list. In Bangalore too, I found the system related to cabs and autos are pretty organized.

Regards,
    Nirlipta

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.