You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Will Cricket Worldcup 2011 distract Students of HSC and SSLC in public examination?

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic

'Will Cricket Worldcup 2011 distract Students of HSC and SSLC during public examination?'.
    Hi Ravikumar,

It has been very aptly said that "Cricket is the next religion in India". So, there is no doubt that some where it will distract the students during exam. Here parents need to take a greater role in helping their Childs in coping with the studies and their first love cricket. The World cup 2011 will begin by this February but I am not sure about the exam schedules. I hope the World Cup schedules are not set during the exam time.

Regards,
    Nirlipta

Hi,
    This World cup will confirmly distract the students from their studies and also retard thier progress in their board exam.But world cup cannot be postponed as it is an International event and government cannot interfere with it. So the students have to decide on which part they have to go and must do best for themselves.

Regards,
    Siyaram.G
    Love makes Lyf Beautiful
    Advance HAppy New Year 2011

Hi Siyaram,

I completely agree that, the World Cup Schedule can't be postponed because of any exam. But at the same time, I appeal the students to manage their time properly so that they can concentrate more on their quality study. I know it is easier said than done but the career is of utmost importance. The parents need to take a front seat in explaining these things to their kids in a very friendly manner. During my childhood, Dad used to update me on the scores while I was busy with my exam preparations.

Regards,
    Nirlipta

Hello Nirlipta,

I agree with your view that Cricket is one of the religion in our country. Media is creating a big scene about World cup Cricket 2011. This is strongly distracting minds of students. Even if they want to concentrate in Studies their friends of Cricket lovers are not allowing them. Parent restriction regarding Cricket will initiate more interest in Cricket among the Students. This is the main problem now.

Public Exam time tables can be seen here.

Wishes you an Advance Happy New Year.

Ravikumar C
    Born for greater things.

Ravikumar C
    Born for greater things

Hello siyaram ,

Well said. World Cup 2011 Schedule is not in our hand. But Students and parents can tackle this issue. Like your dad if all of our Tamilnadu Students have, they will do wonders. Let god bless them during their exams.

Wishes you an Advance Happy New Year.

Ravikumar C
    Born for greater things

Ravikumar C
    Born for greater things

Hello Ravikumar,

This is a good question.All i know is that, students get distracted even if there was no world cup!
    The cricket world cup has great influence not only on the students but to all people. Even my dad who is a doctor, cannot think of anything else except cricket when he comes back home. People who are headstrong and focussed will accommodate this good distraction into their schedule but still be able to achieve their target.

HI FRIENDS,
    I FEEL IT DEPENDS ON THE INDIVIDUALS AND THEIR PARENTS. EDUCATION IS NOT GOING THROUGH BOOKS AND WRITING IT IN A PAPER. IT'S A WAY TO EXPLORE. WHEN STUDENTS UNDERSTAND THIS WITH THE SUPPORT OF THEIR PARENTS THEN NOTHIN CAN BE A DISTRACION TO STUDENTS BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE ALREADY PREPARED TO FACE THE EXAMS.

REGARDS
    KAMAL

Hi Bharatraj,

I completely agree with you, World Cup or No World Cup students do get distracted. And no doubt it is the duty of parents to take a closer look on their Childs interest as well as in identifying what's best for them.

As Mr. Ravikumar also said that if as a parent we restrict our kids to watch cricket that will give them more curiosity to watch the match! So, we need to find a better way in between the two.

What we can do is; we can sit along with the kid and help them prepare a time table for study. That will give us also a better idea, where our child stood on a particular day. At the same time, during match we should not prohibit them to watch but may be restrict them to watch only selected matches or only selected part of the interesting matches.

Regards,
    Nirlipta

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.