You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Train Timings

How to reach Sriperumbudur from Chennai by Train

I live in Maharashtra. I am planning to visit Sriperumbudur next month.

I can reach upto Chennai. Would like to know whether any train service is available to Sriperumbudur. Is there a railway station there. If not, which is the nearest Railway Station.

Actually, I want to visit Vadakkal Village in Sriperumbudue in connection with plot registration documents - particularly 7/12. what we call it 'patta'.

How long will it take from Chennai to reach there?
    Any good hotels are available for stay in Sriperumbudur?

Nearest tourist spots and temples worth visiting may also be included.

Regards
    Sushila
    Sriperumbudur is located 40km away from Chennai in Chennai – Bangalore National Highway. It will take around 50mins to reach Sriperumbudur from Chennai by Road. It would cost around Rs 250, if we go by Auto.

Nearest Railway Station of Sriperumbudur is Kancheepuram which 33km from Sriperumbudur.

Hotel Citrus, Hotel Tommaso, Deepam Inn are some the famous luxury hotels in Sriperumbudur.

Thank you Suresh for giving me the route to reach Sriperumbudur from Chennai.

Travelling 50 km by Auto is not convenient. I don't trust these Chennai Auto fellows.

Can you please find out if any buses are available from Chennai Railway Station to Sriperumbudur.

Thanks and regards
    Sushila

With best wishes
    Sushila
    Myth is the greatest human weaknes.

Tourist Spots :
    There is a place called Vallakottai which is famous for Murugan temple.It is 9 km from Sriperumbudur. It is considered to have the tallest Lord Murugan statue in India (9 m).

Rajiv Gandhi memorial is also situated in Sriperabudur...The place where he was assasinated by a human bomb...

Bus Route : This bus is from Broadway to Sriperambudur (Connecting Central , Egmore....Poonamali...Sriperambudur)
    Bus Name - S553
    Bus Fare - Rs.15
    Journey Time - 95 mins approx.

Hello ChennaiSpider friends!

This looks interesting! I searched the Resource section of Sriperumbudur but could not locate a resource on this much heard tourist place. Will any Tamil friend of mine be compassionate enough to post a resource on Shriperumbudur, well decorated with pictures, so that I can at least catch a glimpse of that beautiful place from this distant Bengal? Of course I can find some information and pictures by Googling, but as you know, they only give mere information. The touch of vitality and liveliness which we get from reading travelogues are absent in the Google information. Will any kind friend in ChennaiSpider please consider the plea of a wandering heart?

Regards,

Kumaraditya Sarkar.

Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar
    Site Co-ordinator, SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

Surprising CTR, CPC and eCPM in Punjabspider!

Hello Diwya,

Thank you very much for your useful information.

This is what I exactly wanted. Not only you have answered to the point, but also added extra information about tourist spot and temples around the place, which skipped my mind.

With best wishes,

Sushila

With best wishes
    Sushila
    Myth is the greatest human weaknes.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.