You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

What about Vegetable Prices in your neighbourhood?

Dear Members!

Well, we all know that the Vegetable Prices are sky rocketing nowadays. Please discuss about the Vegetable Prices in your neighbourhood.

I shall come out the list in Perungalathur area, after ascertaining from my Home maker.

Please vent out your feelings on such upward spiraling prices.
    Dear Satish kumar,

I am from lucknow and here vegetables are not very costly even though sometimes you can bring too much vegetables in just 100 Rupees I know their is some exceptions for the vegetable that are not produced in this state and exporting it from other state.

With Regards
    RKD
    Proud to be a ChennaiSpider Member

Mail Me: rkdnet@gmail.com

hi satish,

Yes you are correct. Vegetables are sky rocketing. I think it is almost same price compared to chennai. But being a vegetarian, we have to buy the vegetables whatever be the price.

regards

vasumathi

Hi Satish,
    In our locality Selaiyur, the prices are too high. Usually I take Rs. 100 to vegetable shop and come back with atleast Rs. 60 after purchasing Potato, Onion, Brinjal, Radish, Tomato and one or two more vegetables (most of them are 1 kg). I used to get 1/4 bunch of coriander leaves and a few brich of curry leaves too for free. But now a days, I spend almost all the Rs. 100 and the vegetable man hesitate to give coriander leaves or curry leaves for free. Infact yesterday I ended up paying Rs. 5 for a small bunch of coriander leaves.

Thanks and Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster

Hello Satish,

Vegetable prices are driving us mad. I live in Maharashra, in a western suburb. We are three of us in our family. Earlier, vegetables costing about Rs.100/- was sufficient for a week.

Now-a-days, for Rs.100/- what we get will last for hardly 3 days. Tomatoes - Rs.32/- kg. Beans =Rs.40kg. Green Peas - Rs.120/kg.
    Ladies finger = Rs.60/-. Even Kadhu, Yello pumpkin is Rs.25/- a kg.
    Lavki , Bottle gourd = Rs.20/kg. Brinjal =Rs.28/kg. Methi leaves - a small bundle of 150 gms . Rs.10 per Kg. Cauli flower =Rs.60/- per kg.
    Cabbage : Rs.30/- carrots/Cucumber = 30/kg. Potatoes= Rs.12/kg. and Onions also Rs.12/per Kg. Palk -Rs. 8 per small bundle. Bitter gourd= Rs.28 per Kg. Green chillies = Rs.50/ Kg. Long beans=Rs.30/- per Kg. Drum stick - 2 Nos. for Rs.10/-

I fail to understand the reasons for increase in cost of vegetables.
    Stocks are plenty in the market but still prices are not coming down.
    In our market, they would prefer to leave it to rot and throw it at the end of the day but would not sell it at cheaper rate.

What to do? Either accept or lave it. This is the condition of these days.

Regards
    Sushila

With best wishes
    Sushila
    Myth is the greatest human weaknes.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.