You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

How do you manage Chennai's Power-Cut problems?

Dear members!

Let me know about the following things from you:

1. Area you are living; 2. How much is the Power-Cut timings?
    3. How do you prepare for it? 4. How do you manage about it?
    5. Is it affecting your social life? 6. What is your suggestion to improve the situation?

Awaiting your responses eagerly,

Hi Satish Kumar,
    I live in Selaiyur, the outskirts of Chennai. In the past 15 days, there was a power shut down for the whole day and all the three days we were told that it is shut down due to the maintenance. I really wonder, will they be doing maintenance in a particular substation 3 times in a span of fortnight. Not just that, the power goes of by 10.00pm in the night and is restored by around 12.00 pm might night. So nights have become so horrible for the kids too.

We are yet to install inverter, so have to sweat out the heat. Dont really understand how to cope with these powercuts. I personally feel that the best way to solve is to start using the power that is abundant in nature, the solar power.

Thanks and Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster

Hi Satish Kumar,

Since I live neither in or around Chennai nor even in any southern state of the country, I have no idea about the power problem prevailing at your place.

However, the state I am living in, is probably the worst in the matter of power supply. Here, barring a handful of privileged (Of course Politically) cities, even the major cities are also facing an acute power cut.

Against an official schedule of six hour cut, it goes anything between ten to twelve hours a day.It would not be out of way to mention here that my region is considered to be one of the hottest regions of the country.

So you can well imagine our condition and can also have a nice comparison.

Regards,
    Tanushree

Regards,
    Tanushree
    The Learner

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.