You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Local Q & A

It is School time in Chennai

Many schools have already completed admissions to their kindergarten classes. Many schools are still open for new school admissions. We all have doubts regarding various schools in Chennai. Discuss here about the different schools that you know so that every one will be able to know the good and bad about various schools.
    I studied in two different schools. From Kindergarten till 10th i studied in PSBB K.K nagar. Although people think, it's too expensive or that it's too hi-fi etc, it's not. It's a simple school, big school, a pleasant atmosphere. The advantages are many, Teacher's are good, there are quite a number of extra-curricular activities. These are important if u consider it today's world. It's a fundamental mistake made by many parents in Chennai to ask their child only to study and pressurize them.PSBB, emphasizing on studies also balances the extra-curricular activities to make it fun.
    The only disadvantage as far as i can see, is it's cost. They even arrange for free routine medical checkup etc. People from Singapore university 'NUS' recognize PSBB quite well.

My next school when i decided to change to State-board to get MBBS seat ( a big mistake if you belong to OC that is forward caste) i joined DAV matric Gill nagar. I could not get Gopalapuram, but recently heard that Gill nagar branch is better these days. Proud to know!
    Well DAV has its own methods. I liked the school, it instills an aura of fierce competition. Almost all the students have to write an entrance and get high marks to go inside.And many will be the best you have to compete with. The advantages would be
    1. They will literally put you through a blender and bring the juice out.

Disadvantages
    They have very very rigid rules, very strict, sometimes harsh.You will have a tough time in DAV, but when you come out you would be prepared to face hardships in your life.
    Recently even my young cousin sister has joined DAV and she is in 3rd standard. My aunt say's it is quite hectic.

Hai Rajmiarun,
    It's good to know about various schools, their methodology, results etc.As so many new schools are comming with new ideas as well as in new places it is good to be well informed. Also Government is making new decisions from time to time,making the parents in a fix.I'm from Tambaram and my son is studying in Alwin Memorial Public School[CBSE], which is a branch of Zion school[matric].The Principal, Sir. Vijayan, is taking a good effort for the child's future.He introduced Alwin[CBSE] this year as he feels it will promote the intelligent students, with new methodologies like audio visuals.Fees is also moderate.
    Next is the SSM school in Chromepet.There the child is the king.Montessorri method is followed upto 2nd.Lunch, swimming and extra curricular activity is included in the fees.The litle kids are very much cared.Here confident level and peace of mind along with study is assurred by the management.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.