You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: ChennaiSpider Updates

Chennai sangamam

A year has gone and another Chennai Sangamam.

I really enjoy this, since I am from Thanjavur, a place where arts were born and flourished. I went to Nageswara Rao Park,Mylapore. The Koothu, after more than a decade, I watched with full enthusiasm. The satire by kattyangaran is just too good -- no unwanted double meaning jokes or irritating people by their mannerisms. The theme is Sathyavan - Savithri. But sadly they have to finish it off because of lack of time.

Then came the karakattam and nayyandi melam.

Nithyasri's magical voice as usual tied the people around.

I have to mention about the food served there. Bombay Ice cream and chats, thengai sadam and gulab jamoon, all chetti nadu delicacies, savorite's upma, payasam and cutlet.

we relished the programmes as well as the food. Most of the people were picnicking there, sitting on the grass, eating and chatting.
    Hi Uma,
    Thats something interesting. Do write more about it in our website, so that more people will be able to know about it and I am sure there will be lot more people visiting the events.

Thanks and Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster

But today is the last day of Chennai Sangamam. A large event is planned at Elliots Beach, Besant Nagar.But don't worry. It will be back on next year. Ms.Kanimozhi is doing a fantastic job. She has introduced long forgotten traditional arts to the younger generation. I have posted some photos also in the pictures section.
    Regards
    Uma

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.